For so many years I wondered why cows are sacred in so many religions. Did you know that in India they often have more rights than Humans?
This could be because there are so many health benefits in Colostrum ‘the necessity of life’. Colostrum is the ‘first milk’ that is produced in the first 72 hours of all nursing mammals.
It has been used in ancient times by many different cultures for both nourishment and remedial purposes.
- The Scandinavians and northern Europeans eat colostrum and honey as a dessert to celebrate the birth of a healthy new born calf (as well as contribute to their own health).
- In the United States and throughout the world, colostrum was used for its antibiotic properties before to the use of sulfa drugs and antibiotics were available.
- In 1955 doctors prescribed a treatment plan based on colostrum to treat rheumatoid arthritis.
- Albert Sabin or the ‘father’ of poliomyelitis (also known as polio) discovered that colostrum contained antibodies against polio and in 1962 developed a successful vaccine.
- Its healing powers were called into play in the mid-1980s when children with rotavirus diarrhoea were treated successfully with bovine colostrum.